Original Music Composition – Contest
CHALLENGE: Compose an original song that creatively tells the story of one of the human figures displayed on the Summit poster and his/her possible triumph over the shadowed hands of the poster.
- Song must be no longer than 4 minutes and thirty seconds in total length
- Does not have to contain lyrics (If lyrics, only language that respects human dignity – avoid vulgarity of all kinds)
- Any style of music including rap, choral, country, rock, classical instrumental, etc.
- Solo or group work allowed but Brophy students only – in all aspects of composition and performance/recording
- Only one submission per student – so either solo or group – not one of each
- A 1-2 paragraph explanation of the song, lyrics, particular sounds/tones – why did you shape the song as you did? How does it expand an audience’s understanding and/or appreciation of our Summit? What from the Summit inspired you most to compose this? Why?
- mp3 file of music, or Soundcloud(or similar) link, scan of original score, lyrics (if applicable), and explanation/write-up must be submitted to email@example.com by Monday, March 12, 2018 at 10pm.
Prizes will be awarded! Each of the top three songs will be awarded $30 (total, not per person in a group) as judged by the Brophy ASC faculty, Mr. Fisko, and Mr. McShane. Songs will also be uploaded to the Summit website.